New Poll

Diamond in the rough.
Flin
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 06:55 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Olympic champion Michael Diamond to sell his gold medals after falling on hard times
user posted image

UNEMPLOYED and broke, two-time Olympic champion Michael Diamond has made the heart-wrenching decision to sell his gold medals.

The shooting golds Diamond won at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and the 1996 Atlanta Games have been listed for auction to pay debts from an 18-month legal battle and to support his daughters.

Having wrestled with the decision for several months, Diamond said: “There have been thousands and thousands of athletes who have been to the Olympics over the years who have never won a medal, let alone a gold.

“To have to resort to selling one, or possibly two, you’ve got to understand the impact it has on a man’s soul.”

He was found guilty of firearms and drink driving ­offences in Nelson Bay in May last year after a domestic dispute with his brother.

Diamond was banned from holding a shooting lic­ence for 10 years but was later acquitted.

He also lost his two major sponsors, gun and ammunition companies in Europe.

“It’s not just ruined me ­financially but my reputation, too,” he said. “I couldn’t earn a living. I approached a lot of people for work but it fell on deaf ears. That’s why I’m so desperate now.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/olympic-champion-michael-diamond-to-sell-his-gold-medals-after-falling-on-hard-times/news-story/8e3ce0b7e7f13d5b8c26b8ce41dcd146?nk=95fc49354d5d68f9c4bb9500ddd98354-1509828420

Seems to me that he has shot himself in the foot.

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Other Sports | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll