Flin
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 08:10 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Gold Coast Council urged to give Commonwealth Games tickets back
user posted image
GOLDOC chairman Peter Beattie previously praised the ticket allocation system as "fair" and "honest"

Gold Coast City Council has defended its decision to offer councillors tickets to Commonwealth Games events, while thousands missed out through the public ballot.

The council was invited to purchase tickets, at the expense of ratepayers, for trade, business and advocacy purposes as well as their own councillors and residents adversely affected by the Games.

A spokesperson for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation said no one had received free tickets and more than a million were made available to the general public to purchase.

"As is customary in major international events, commercial partners and Games delivery partners have the opportunity to purchase tickets from a separate allocation in accordance with commercial agreements, but they pay for their tickets like everybody else."

City of Gold Coast CEO Dale Dickson said councillors have until December 1 to decide whether they were going to take the tickets and the remainder would be given back to GOLDOC.

However, Opposition Leader Tim Nicholls called for the specially reserved seats to be handed back, after missing out himself on tickets himself through the public ballot.

"I really think the tickets should be available for the people of Queensland, they shouldn't be reserved for special interest groups in terms of councillors and politicians," he said.

Meanwhile, Commonwealth Games Minister Kate Jones also missed out on tickets through the public system, leaving her daughter bitterly disappointed after hoping to see gymnastics events.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gold-coast-councillors-offered-commonwealth-games-tickets-as-public-miss-out-20170709-gx7jne.html

A heart breaking story but what other outcome could be expected with "Sneaky Pete" running the show?

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
scepo
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 04:24 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

I was never going to go so couldn't really care one way or the other.

I would never be able to afford it.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | QLD | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll