An Odd One Out
Charles
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 08:06 AM

Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 141 pts

user posted image

The following ten people were all significant figures during the 20th Century. However, 9 of the 10 all have something in particular in common. Who is the odd one out and why?

Winston Churchill
Charles de Gaulle
Elizabeth II
Mahatma Gandhi
Adolf Hitler
Charles Lindbergh
Richard Nixon
Wallis Simpson
Margaret Thatcher
Gen. William Westmoreland

--------------------
"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." - George Orwell

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

PMEmail
^
Charles
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 08:14 AM

Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 141 pts

As with many "odd one out" questions it is always possible to find some criteria that might differ from the one I was seeking.

Flin pointed out that Wallis Simpson was the only one to be married more than once. Alicia noted that Elizabeth II was the only one still alive while Lee also opted for Elizabeth II saying the others had mental illnesses.

I was able to check on Alicia and Flin's responses and had to award a point to each. Lee's answer was more difficult to authenticate but he deserves a point for creativity.

The answer I was looking for was Margaret Thatcher. All the others on the list had been named Man (or Woman) of the Year by Time Magazine. Well done Bear. You earn 2 points for giving me the answer I was seeking.

--------------------
"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." - George Orwell

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | "Burning Questions" | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll