Rana Capillum

Group: Featured Blogers
Member No.: 17

Rep: 142 pts

Jeff Horn popular ‘because he is a white boy’, says Anthony Mundine

Vince Rugari
Wednesday, 17 January 2018 9:39AM

user posted image

Former world champion Anthony Mundine has slammed fellow Australian boxer Jeff Horn, saying the Queenslander only gets attention because of his skin colour.

Mundine was hoping to fight Horn this year before the 29-year-old elected to head to the United States for his next bout.

"He's only the flavour of the month because he is a white boy, just like Danny Green was the white boy," Mundine told News Corp Australia.

"You've just got to look at society -- whites get privileges.

"I don't care if you're white, black, brown, whatever, it's your heart that makes you.

"But in the western society, whites get privileges, and because Horn is white, he gets all that attention and media coverage."

Mundine also called for Australia Day to be moved from January 26, and later posted on Facebook to vigorously deny he ever slammed Horn's heritage, as was claimed on the front page of The Daily Telegraph.

"I see the papers are at it again trying to word things like I'm a racist to white people," Mundine wrote.

"First thing I couldn't care what colour you are... I got white blood in me also but I will never stand down from speaking the truth & fighting injustice!!!

"I said there are white privileges... you tell me does the western society & system give white privilege or black privilege??"

Horn, who has agreed terms to defend his WBO welterweight title against Terence Crawford instead of taking up a $2 million fight with Mundine, paid little attention to his comments.

"It's just same old Mundine being Mundine; I think we all know what he's doing," Horn said.

"I don't know why he has to belittle my achievements and bring race into it."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/boxing/jeff-horn-popular-because-he-is-a-white-boy-says-anthony-mundine-ng-b88716802z

Anthony Mundine should realise that Australian sports fans admire sporting stars for their achievements and attitude, not for the colour of their skin. Lionel Rose, Yvonne Goolagong, Patty Mills, Cathy Freeman and countless rugby and AFL stars are indigenous Australians who have been held in the highest regard by fans and the media.

It's when a so-called "star" comes out with ridiculous statements that they are held in contempt or, better still, ignored. Bernard Tomic is viewed in the same light as Anthony Mundine and it has nothing to do with skin colour. It's about attitude.

--------------------
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed,
if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
- Mark Twain

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." - George Bernard Shaw
PMEmail
^
charka
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 03:17 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

mouth from the south user posted image
PMEmail
^
Alicia
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 04:24 PM

Ruby

Member No.: 53

Rep: 7 pts

Anthony Mundine, showing everyone he’s a racist, and also why he is ignored. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Alicia: Jan 17 2018, 07:02 PM
PMEmail
^
Flin
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 06:55 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

He is not and never has been a likeable person.

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
Bear
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 11:48 AM

Diamond

Member No.: 79

Rep: 7 pts

"But in the western society, whites get privileges, and because Horn is white, he gets all that attention and media coverage."

Misinformed, arrogant little racist.

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
lee
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 12:24 PM

Rana Capillum

Member No.: 48

Rep: 17 pts

South Africa s not considered a Western society? http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/blink.gif

This post has been edited by lee: Jan 18 2018, 12:24 PM

--------------------
Life is neither a race to the end, nor a slow ramble whose sole aim is longevity

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 01:40 PM

Supremo Poster

Yep a real prince
PMEmail
^
Bill
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 03:54 PM

Gold

Member No.: 85

Rep: 8 pts

Chock is just looking for another 'payday' .Jeff Horne would belt him senseless.

Even at his peak, he wasn't much of a fighter.

--------------------
It's a tough gig being the only duck in the shooting gallery
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:48 PM

Supremo Poster

looks pretty white to me
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Other Sports | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll