Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Thousand Lakes Lodge - top three places to stay.
Bear
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 06:08 PM

Silver

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 79

Rep: 7 pts

Thousand Lakes Lodge named in Lonely Planet’s top three places to stay in the world.

user posted image

user posted image

AN isolated wilderness lodge in Tasmania’s Central Highlands has won a major global accolade being listed as the third best place to stay in the world by Lonely Planet.

The lodge, owned by former car racing legend Marcos Ambrose, was listed behind the Silo Hotel in Cape Town and the Floating Capsule Hotel in Japan as the best places to lay your head in 2018.

The lodge, at Lake Augusta, opened in 2016 and has since hosted 1500 guests from around Australia and the globe.

Lonely Planet said the lodge provided visitors with a chance to “explore the rugged and isolated beauty” of the UNESCO-listed Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.

“Transformed from a former training facility for Antarctic expeditions, the nine-room Thousand Lakes Lodge is an incredibly welcoming – and warming – place to base yourself for hiking, fishing, mountain biking and wildlife watching on the beautiful highland plains,” Lonely Planet said

The lodge stands in high company.

The Silo Hotel in South Africa offers views of Table Mountain and access to the new Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa while guests at the soon-to-be-completed Floating Capsule Hotel can sleep in a glass dome which travels across 6km of water during the night to arrive at a new island adventure resort in the morning.

Mr Ambrose said any recognition for the emerging business is “fantastic”.

“But to make the top three for Lonely Planet in the world is a tremendous surprise for everyone involved in the business,” Mr Ambrose said.

“We are blessed with a great story behind our building, fantastic staff … and of course the stunning UNSECO-certified World heritage wilderness surrounding us.

“The wilderness here is unique in its character – raw but, most importantly, still accessible which attracts Tasmanians, interstate guests and international visitors who like to fish, walk or just simply immerse themselves in nature.”

Mr Ambrose said he was extremely excited to be back in Tasmania and involved in the tourism industry.

“I am a proud and passionate Tasmanian. I love Tasmania and I am putting the same energy I did into race car driving into developing Thousand Lakes Lodge,” he said.

“We know that Tasmania is a hot destination at present and we are proud to be part of the State’s tourism growth.

“Wilderness tourism will be a major driver of Tasmania’s economic engine in years to come. We believe Thousand Lakes Lodge is an example of sensible and sensitive development inside Tasmania’s wilderness.”

Thousand Lakes Lodge general manager Lynette Polley said the initial average stay of one night had extended to two and a half nights since the lodge opened in October last year and they had attracted guests from France, Germany, Austria and Asia.

“We are now working on some exciting wildlife experiences and great walking products which will be available soon,” she said.

http://www.themercury.com.au/lifestyle/thousand-lakes-lodge-named-in-lonely-planets-top-three-places-to-stay-in-the-world/news-story/88b7e465cd05857a74edfa59d6a7c202

“There’s no better place for me to stop than in Tasmania to raise my family.”

user posted image

Marcos Ambrose, born and bred in Launceston, Tasmania, has made a career out of living life in the fast lane. Winner of the Australian V8 Supercar Series’ Championship in 2003 and 2004, he went on to compete in NASCAR – National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing – in the United States of America, with wins in the Sprint Cup Series in 2011 and 2012. However, Marcos’ love and attachment for Tasmania has never left him, having now returned to embark on his next great adventure: Thousand Lakes Lodge.

Today, the former race car champion is back in Tasmania, relaxing by an open fire with his feet up. Along with four other investors, Marcos recently opened the doors to Thousand Lakes Lodge in Tasmania’s Central Highlands to showcase a largely unexplored part of the state. It’s a world away from the screeching bends of American race tracks, but wherever Marcos goes, adventure ensues.

user posted image

https://www.makeittasmania.com.au/lifestyle/marcos-ambrose-race-track-tasmanian-wilderness-lodge/

Well done, come and visit us in the wilderness... http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/wink.gif

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 08:11 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

Only have to go a few K,s people are still lost
PMEmail
^
scepo
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 01:50 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

I was never a fan of Ambrose, still not and never will be.

But good on him for this venture. I hope it does well for him and for Tasmania.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Good News Stories | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll