Flin
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 08:46 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Archbishop could be malingering: NSW court
user posted image

The trial of Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson for covering up sexual abuse has been delayed due to concerns over the 67-year-old's health, but a NSW court has been told he could be "malingering".

Wilson, the most senior Catholic official in the world to be charged with concealing child sex assault, was scheduled to appear in Newcastle Local Court on Tuesday but was a no-show amid fears he may be suffering Altimeter's disease and might not be fit to stand trial.

He was to appear over allegations he concealed information about a potential sexual assault of a 10-year-old boy in 1971 by the now-dead pedophile priest James Fletcher in the NSW Hunter region.

But Adelaide neurologist Associate Professor Andrew Lee told the court he believes Wilson is suffering from Alzheimer's and is having cognitive difficulties.

Dr Lee, giving evidence over the phone, said the archbishop came to see him in his Adelaide office for the first time on November 17, less than a fortnight before his two-week hearing was scheduled to begin.

Wilson, who had been referred to Dr Lee by his legal team, told the neurologist he'd suffered a fall and hit his head on October 11.

Dr Lee said Wilson claimed he had lost consciousness after the fall and woke to find he was bleeding from the head.

Wilson said he went to hospital for several hours but no brain scans were conducted before he was discharged.

Dr Lee said Wilson complained of being light headed for several days after the fall and had difficulty walking on uneven ground.

Questioned by crown prosecutor Gareth Harrison, Dr Lee said he spoke with the archbishop for about 20 minutes during the November 17 consultation and carried out a number of tests which raised serious concerns about his cognitive ability.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/archbishop-unable-to-face-abuse-hearing/news-story/d2282efb7ba527725231b12347620fcc

Recent valid excuses to use in court;
I have got Altimeters
I have got Asperges
I have got MS
I have got high cholesterol.
I have got dementia.
I never had sex education in primary school.
I was young and naive.
I had a car accident on my way to court.
It was an emergency. {rape defence}
I was radicalised.

Feel free to add to the list

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Justice & Injustice | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll