Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

US refugee deal again in jeopardy
Bear
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 05:08 PM

Silver

Group: Active Member
Member No.: 79

Rep: 5 pts

Bishop needs to be nice to Mr. Trump - she seems to be working hard at holding her tongue in her left cheek.

"I wonder if she could say the same of him?" Bishop told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, when asked whether she would be flattered or offended if the comment were directed at her.

"I'd be taken aback, I think. It's a rather interesting comment to make," she said.

Bishop declined further comment on the Paris remark, but added an unprompted observation on Trump's use of social media, saying she wouldn't "run a commentary on his Twitter account".

The criticism follows an acrimonious January telephone call between Trump and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, when the American hung up after 25 minutes rather than the scheduled hour, according to the Washington Post.

In June, the relationship between the two countries hit the spotlight again, after the release of a leaked tape of Turnbull mocking Trump at an off-the-record media event.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-usa-idUSKBN1A1049

Yet when Duterte made fun about the rape and murder of Australian missionary Jacqueline Hamill in 1989 Bishop brushed it off with this comment - talk about double standards.. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/rolleyes.gif

Despite this incident, Bishop said Australia will continue to work with the new government on the alignment their two countries’ economic partnership for “continued economic, governance and social reforms that are important to inclusive economic growth.”

Despite rape joke, Australia vows to work with Duterte government.

Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on Friday congratulated incoming Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte and vowed to work closely with him in a goodwill gesture that follows an unpleasant episode involving the mayor and the Australian ambassador over a rape joke.

“Australia congratulates President-Elect Rodrigo Duterte on his election as President of the Republic of the Philippines,” Bishop said in a statement.

Bishop said Canberra looks forward to continue working with the new government “to further develop our enduring bilateral relationship and to address shared regional and global challenges.”

Last month, Australian Ambassador to Manila Amanda Gorely expressed dismay about a joke Duterte made regarding the sexual assault and killing of Australian missionary Jacqueline Hamill in 1989.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/567023/despite-rape-joke-australia-vows-to-work-with-duterte-government/story/

Duterte, 71, told his supporters that when he saw Hamill’s corpse, he wished he was the first to rape her after seeing how beautiful she was.

“Rape and murder should never be joked about or trivialized,” Gorely said. “Violence against women and girls is unacceptable anytime, anywhere.”

Bishop comes across as just another weak progressive... http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif

--------------------
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.

~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz,

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy. ~Martin L. Gross, A Call for Revolution, 1993

"Stupid people are like glow sticks: I wanna snap em and shake the shit outta them till the light comes on."
PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 10:28 AM

Supremo Poster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Rep: 65 pts

I have never seen such a prolonged, constant sustained attack on a head of state as there has been on Trump. It actually started full on from the moment he won the republican nomination which seems like an eternity ago.

The progressive establishment will have their way in the end. There will be no let up.

He wants to drain the swamp but I don't think he has a chance. The toxic parasites are far too well established to allow him to pull the plug.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:
Some are willing to work, the rest are willing to let them!

The older I get, the better I was.
PM
^
charka
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 12:20 PM

Supremo Poster

Member No.: 11

Rep: 48 pts

Why are they our problem or expense
PMEmail
^
Flin
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 03:59 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

Hell hath no fury like a progressive scorned.

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
scepo
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 05:16 PM

Supremo Poster

True Flin, and the vast majority of the media support them.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:

PM
^
Bill
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 03:49 PM

Diamond

Member No.: 85

Rep: 8 pts

QUOTE (Flin @ Jul 18 2017, 03:59 PM)
Hell hath no fury like a progressive scorned.

user posted image

user posted image

No personal offence intended Flin http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif ....but do you have a problem with strong progressive women. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/biggrin.gif

There appears to be a pattern developing on FDNC where strong progressive women are portrayed as hags, witches and crones, for simply standing up and speaking their mind.

On the other hand..........'The Donald' can do no wrong - in spite of his racist, and sexist utterances and 'tweets', that would have seen any other political aspirant's political career come to an abrupt end in an instant.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people are quick to jump on the 'outrage' band wagon when anything 'progressive' or 'female' is discussed......but when faced with blatant racism and sexism by conservative politicians, happily overlook the failing - and indeed actively support the racist, sexist conservative.

Once again - No offence Flin.........but why do I feel that I need to say that ?

Sigh. http://fairdinkumnewschat.b1.jcink.com/uploads/fairdinkumnewschat/lbill.gif

--------------------
It's a tough gig being the only duck in the shooting gallery
PM
^
scepo
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 04:54 PM

Supremo Poster

Bill, do I have to repeat it every time I mention Trump?

I have said a number of times that he is a dill as well as being offensive. The main thing/things I like about him is that he defeated Crooked Hilary and he wants to drain the swamp.

The fact remains that despite the bile and hatred from the progressives who still do not want to accept the result, he won the bloody election. He defeated crooked Hilary. He is the President of the USA.

Actually your "criticism" of your fellow posters is a tad rich maaate. You don't hold back on your criticism and name calling of anyone who is just slightly right of Curly. http://fairdinkumnewschat.com/rolleyes.gif

If you really took notice of what gets posted here, you would have seen that most of us can be critical of, and take the piss out of all sides of politics. For me, it just happens that I do it to progressives more often than to conservatives.

--------------------
Everybody is Willing:

PM
^
Flin
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 06:13 PM

Supremo Poster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Rep: 47 pts

No offense taken Bill, but I can tell the difference between a bitch and a witch.
Trump has been an asshole extraordinaire for at least the past 20 years but he is a saint when lined up with Hillary.

--------------------
Living In An Elected Dictatorship
Flin's opinions and comments reflect his perception of the facts and not necessarily reality
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Other Political News | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll